Eric Beversluis wrote
Thanks. Looks like I want to use “thin space” Hex 200A. Is there an easy
way to do that from the keyboard? None of the ways I’ve used on Linux or
Windows seem to work.

Eric Beversluis

Johnny Rosenberg wrote
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/183045/how-can-i-type-unicode-characters-without-using-the-mouse
Kind regards

More simply, if you know the Unicode point desired, U+200A --it can be
directly entered into LibreOffice and then toggled directly. The shortcut in
Windows, Linux is: <Alt>+x.

If macOS we had to use a different shortcut:  CMD+Option+x

(implemented in tdf#73691 as modified, macOS assigned internally in
LibreOffice source to use  X_MOD1_MOD2).

That should allow you to directly enter a known Unicode glyph, just be
mindful that if working with a font that does not define a glyph you'll be
dependent on font fallback and/or will receive an "undefined glyph"
placeholder on document canvas.

Stuart