I've been LO Writer for a long time for, among other things, a few
novels I am writing.
Just now I noticed that the page number field in the header no longer
contains the page number itself, it contains the shaded text "Page
This is new as of LO 6.2.1 and 6.2.2, and kind of defeats utterly the
ability to use this field for page numbering.
I tried deleting it and re-inserting, both with Insert -> Page Number
and Insert -> Field -> Page Number. Same result.
I have attached a brand new .ods document with the same problem - all
I did was insert the page number in a fresh header. See also the
attached screen image.
For S&G, I reinstalled LO 6.1.5, but it does the same thing with the
older files, and also with a brand new file.
I'm running this on Xubuntu 18.04.2 in a VB VM (here at work - I'll
check again when I get home).
Mark Richter, Senior Staff Engineer
Registered Linux User #472807 http://counter.li.org/
FSF Member #12694 http://www.fsf.org
LO recurring contributor
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
- [libreoffice-users] Page number messed up in LO Writer 6.2.1/2 and 6.1.5 · MR ZenWiz
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy