At 19:48 09/04/2019 -0400, Tim Deaton wrote:
I'm building a spreadsheet to serve as a food diary. On Sheet1 I
have a list of different foods, and on Sheet2 I have what foods I
ate at which day and meal. So far, I've only got a couple of days'
data posted. As I add more meals, I eat items that are not already
on the Sheet1 list. So I add the new items to Sheet1, and sort that
Why do you sort it? Does lasagne really need to come before sausages?
Is that how you order them in your pantry?
THAT's when the problem occurs. I just added three new foods to the
bottom of the Sheet1 list, then sorted it. Before sorting, the new
foods were in cells A38-A40. After sorting, the new entries are all above A30.
Before sorting Sheet1, the item in Sheet2, cell C5 contained this:
After sorting Sheet 1, that Sheet2 cell reference should say
=$'Sheet1'.A36, but it still says "A33".
Whatever makes you think that your formulae "should" change?
Is this a known problem?
Probably yes - but not with the program. If you really need to sort
your original table, you probably need VLOOKUP() in your formulae to
locate the appropriate data.
I trust this helps.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy