On 18/02/2019 21:34, waterbearer54@gmx.com wrote:
It seems that the default is for Roman numerals globally, which is
nuts. I did just go ahead and set it to Arabic in my default template.
As I did that first, I could not test, but I see no way to set page
number style by default outside of a template. Best, Roy

I'm not certain that everyone gets the same default settings with every release of LO. The last
download I made from the LO website (albeit a little while ago v6.0.7.3) had a lot of settings
defaulted to Spanish language and included Spanish dictionaries etc. Spanish is not a language that
I have ever used so it could not have come from any previous settings I had made.

That was despite the LO website having recognized that I was after an English version download
which it claimed to have supplied.

Does the download you get vary perhaps according to which server/mirror happens to get selected at
that moment?
Philip