Steve,

You may find following two articles interesting regarding drive failures. I find the Backblaze info useful but to provide balance, a contrasting view in second link.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-failure-rates-q1-2017/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/17/backblaze_how_not_to_evaluate_disk_reliability/

YMMV.
B.