Gary, your comments quoted below make me think of using a table instead of frames.  I've never used frames and I've never used Draw.  But I have used a table in a Writer document to do what you appear to me to be describing.  Would that help you?

-- Tim Deaton
I know the plans I have for you:
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you;
Plans to give you hope and a future.
               --- God (Jeremiah 29:11)