On 08/29/2017 01:23 AM, Cley Faye wrote:

Some things seems wrong on that command line:

- On most system you can directly call "libreoffice" instead of
providing
the full path

Yes, but then I get /usr/bin/libreoffice since /usr/bin is in my path.
/usr/bin/libreoffice is a symlink to ../lib/libreoffice/program/soffice*

Note the file sizes and timestamps.  I don't know what the difference is
between the two or which is correct to use.

ll /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6012 Apr 28 07:59 /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/s
office*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6304 Apr 28 12:36 /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/s
office.bin*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  789 Apr 28 13:32 /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/s
officerc

​The "libreoffice" command/link is there to avoid issues when/if the way
LibreOffice is installed change. Suppose in a future release the binary is
renamed to loffice, you could still use the ​libreoffice command without
issue.
The "soffice" script manage some extra command line parameters and launch
the actual LibreOffice program; but for your purpose it should make no
difference using one or the other, except that directly calling stuff in
/usr/lib/libreoffice is not as futureproof.

I use the full path because it's the only one that gives output as you can
see:

apb@yellow:/usr/local/src/greetonix/src$ /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice
-h
apb@yellow:/usr/local/src/greetonix/src$ /usr/bin/libreoffice -h
apb@yellow:/usr/local/src/greetonix/src$ /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin
-h
LibreOffice 5.1.6.2 10m0(Build:2)

Usage: soffice [options] [documents...]
[snip]

​Maybe THAT should be fixed before investigating further, because it should
work. This means that somehow​ libreoffice can't find it's installation
directory. It might or might not be related to your difficulties, but
there's no doubt that something's wrong here.