Thank you, but I don't understand.

On 08/28/2017 10:48 AM, leleu wrote:
http://mooedit.sourceforge.net/
allow to "save as" changing the codage.

Je la 28/08/2017 19:21, A skribis :
Thank you for responding.  Yes it opens without issue.

Yet another look at the conversion details made me notice I needed changes. Below are two incarnations. For one thing I had left out column formatting, which I guess is required? No difference in any event.

apb@yellow:/usr/local/src/greetonix/src$ /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin -env:UserInstallation=file:///tmp/libreoffice-1 --headless --nolockcheck --convert-to txt:Text \(encoded\):UTF8 --infilter=MS Excel 97:44,34,76,1,1/2/2/2,1033,true,false KGI_Discontinued.xlsx
Error: source file could not be loaded
Error: source file could not be loaded
Error: source file could not be loaded
convert /usr/local/src/greetonix/src/KGI_Discontinued.xlsx -> /usr/local/src/greetonix/src/KGI_Discontinued.txt using filter : Text Error: Please verify input parameters... (SfxBaseModel::impl_store <file:///usr/local/src/greetonix/src/KGI_Discontinued.txt> failed: 0xc10)

Also tried:

apb@yellow:/usr/local/src/greetonix/src$ /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin -env:UserInstallation=file:///tmp/libreoffice_1 --infilter='MS Excel 97:44,34,76,1,1/2/2/2,1033,true,false' --headless --nolockcheck --convert-to 'csv:Text - txt - csv (StarCalc):44,34,76,1' KGI_Discontinued.xlsx
*Error: source file could not be loaded*

apb@yellow:/usr/local/src/greetonix/src$ ll KGI_Discontinued.xlsx
-rw-rw-r-- 2 apb apb 88334 Aug 18 16:00 KGI_Discontinued.xlsx

Which is an improvement, but not the solution. All I really did was rearrange the order of the parameters, change a hyphen to an underscore in the tmp file path and change double quotes to single quotes. I think I recall reading somewhere that order matters so that's what likely eliminated the "verify input parameters" message. You may also notice I changed output from utf8 to csv. I need *both* utf8 & csv.

Maybe I need yet another rearrangement to eliminate the file load error?

Thank you!