Not 100% sure I understand what you mean. Using AltSearch, this is
easily done. Using Search&Replace in Writer, it is a bit more tricky
because searching "\n" looks for end of line (Shift Return), while in
the replacement portion, it substitutes for end of paragraph (Return)
(at least this is what my version of Writer does [LO 5.3.4.2].

Rémy.