At 05:38 10/08/2017 -0700, James Wilde wrote:
Hi Brian and thank you for your explanation.

No probs!

You mention the use of styles to make this easier. I haven't been a user of styles, ...

Oh, you (and everyone) should be: they are a powerful facility that provides more convenient and systematic control over formatting.

... and certainly not for what amounts to an outline. Could I ask you to expand on that a bit.

Actually, I don't know that I can. But list styles do exist (see the Styles and Formatting window) and ought to be an efficient way to format lists. Either create your own or apply an existing one and modify it to your needs.

I'm going to be doing this a lot in the future - I write the minutes for a condominium association, so it might be time to consider a style.

This is a good example of how they can be helpful. Once you have settled on exactly how you want your lists to appear, if you have formatted them using a list style you can save that style in a template or else very easily import it from an existing document to a new one. This saves you attempting to repeat the work for each new document.

Brian Barker