On 20.04.2017 16:23, Ian Whitfield wrote:
Hi All

I have a MAJOR problem setting some defaults in LibreOffice!!

The first one is the Default Font - I have battled with this for some
time now and discussed it on the Forum and tried ALL the suggestions but
can not get rid of 'Liberation Serif' as the default!! This should be a
quick change in the 'Tools > Options' Menu but it is not!!
Why is this so difficult and how do you do it??!!

Second in the last few days on a new fresh install of LibreOffice' on
another machine I find the Page Size is set to 'Letter" an American
standard not used by the rest of the World!! How do you change this to
'A4"?? Again it should be a basic change in the same 'Options' Menu like
most other Programs have.

In both cases I'm working with LO ver 5.3.0.3 both running PClinuxOS
64-bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

IanW
Pretoria RSA

Hi Ian,

Since there is nothing difficult about changing either the default font
or the default page size, I can only guess that your user profile has
been corrupted in some way, Assuming that you update using the
LibreOffice Manager script, your existing profile settings will not be
changed by the update in any way.

While I prefer to set most of my writer preferences by adjusting my
default template, I can easily set and keep the fonts selected in the
global "Tools > Options.." configuration. Page size seems to be
automatically selected according to your locale (eg. AU, ZA, GB, etc.)
even when you install the US edition.

Yesterday I used LibreOffice Manager to get LO 5.3.2.2 and all my
settings (ie. Liberation Sans & A4 ) are still the same as before the
update.

Just for fun I grabbed the latest PCLinuxOS64 KDE5 2017.04 Desktop,
dumped it into a VM with the locale set to en-ZA, updated to LO 5.3.2.2,
changed the global default font to Liberation Sans. This now has pretty
much the same default font and page size as my real en-AU system.

If your issue is caused by a corrupt user profile it's relatively simple
to close any instance of LO, rename your profile and when you restart LO
it will automatically create a new profile  for you.
See: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile
If this does not resolve one or both issues, you can delete the new
profile and rename the old one beck to the default.

Hope this helps.

Dave