Hi :)
Renaming the user-profile will remove all the add-ons but it's probably a
good idea anyway.

Copying the default.ott from the working computer was brilliant imo, as was
trying to rename the previous one to see what happened.  I wonder if
renaming the whole folder that default.ott is in might make LO regenerate
the whole of that sub-folder?

Some sort of reinstall might dislodge something and fix it but generally
reinstalling tends to keep the user-profile (incl Extensions/add-ons)
intact so it might not do anything useful for this.
So unless Brian or Regina or someone like that weighs in then going for
Virgil's idea is likely to be the best 'first' step.  You can always rename
the user-profile (or chunks of it) back.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)

PS sleep often magically gives inspiration, much like rebooting a Windows
machine.