On 03/03/17 14:13, Philip Jackson wrote:
On 02/03/17 22:27, martin f krafft wrote:

Interesting.  I can reproduce this on LO Writer 5.1.4.2 using
UbuntuStudio 1604LTS and with only Heading 1 style as Level 1 and Text
Body style as Level 2 to get the numbered paragraphs.

Using F12 to toggle paragraph numbering on/off causes ToC to come good
when Paragraph numbering is off, bad when numbering is on. Although the
hyperlink in each line of the ToC remains correct and functional, using
'edit hyperlink' shows the change in the text caused by the toggling of
the para numbering. Looks like it is related to the bug you identified.

For short documents, I have long since simply constructed my ToCs
manually rather than use LO's facility. You could do so as a workaround
to help you keep paragraph numbering. Not very convenient though if your
document is lengthy.

I was going to add my comments to the bug but before doing so, I decided
to repeat the exercise and make another new file to demonstrate the problem.

Without success ... this second time it behaves perfectly with the ToC
just as one would wish regardless of whether the paras are numbered or
not. So clearly there is some other factor intervening.

Closer examination shows that in this new file, I have an empty Text
paragraph between the ToC and the first Heading1. This is because, I
first created a Heading1, then 3 Text Body paras, then another Heading1
and 3 text paras. In other words, the body of the document. Then, in
order to insert the ToC at the top of the first page, I placed the
cursor at the beginning of my first Heading1 and hit return. This left
me with an empty H1 para which I converted to Text Body to be sure no H1
occurred before Chapter 1.

With the cursor at the top of the page (ie in the empty Text para), I
inserted the ToC.

This empty Text para is the key to the ToC showing correct numbering.

If I place the cursor in any of the document's Text paras and toggle
numbering on. The ToC shows correctly (after updating, of course).

If I place the cursor in the empty Text para (just beneath the ToC) and
toggle numbering on. This para takes number 1.1 and the ToC shows
incorrectly. Delete the 1.1 numbering and update the ToC and it displays
correctly.

Add a bit of text in the empty para and update the ToC and you'll see an
extra line created before the first H1.

Not at all evident unless you have non-printing characters displayed.

Philip
--
Philip Jackson

author of "The Circle of Fifths" for improvising musicians
Get it here  https://www.books2read.com/u/bWnRM4

auteur : "Le Cycle des Quintes" pour musiciens improvisateurs
disponibilité : https://www.books2read.com/u/bw8rv9