On 02/03/17 22:27, martin f krafft wrote:

I also managed to reproduce this in a new document, which I've
uploaded here:
The problem seems to relate to (ab)using outline numbering to number
paragraphs, i.e. Level 1 is Heading 1, but Level 2 is associated
with the Text body style (as per suggested solution to my previous
thread two days ago).

Even though there are no instances of either Heading 1 or Text body
before the first header, this seems to throw off display of the TOC
(which the hover-text for links is just fine). So I guess, a bug…

Interesting.  I can reproduce this on LO Writer 5.1.4.2 using
UbuntuStudio 1604LTS and with only Heading 1 style as Level 1 and Text
Body style as Level 2 to get the numbered paragraphs.

Using F12 to toggle paragraph numbering on/off causes ToC to come good
when Paragraph numbering is off, bad when numbering is on. Although the
hyperlink in each line of the ToC remains correct and functional, using
'edit hyperlink' shows the change in the text caused by the toggling of
the para numbering. Looks like it is related to the bug you identified.

For short documents, I have long since simply constructed my ToCs
manually rather than use LO's facility. You could do so as a workaround
to help you keep paragraph numbering. Not very convenient though if your
document is lengthy.

[I seem to remember seeing hover-text in the past, but I have lost it now]

Philip