On Mon Feb 20 2017 18:16:45 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ian
Whitfield <whitfield@telkomsa.net> wrote:
Thanks All

But still no joy!! Why does this have to be so difficult!!?? None of the
ideas about using the Side-Bar do anything that makes any sense.

So I thought I would try Paul's idea and try and edit the Default
Template

No, no NO.

If you must use the Libreoffice menu system to create new documents and
want to change the defaults (I prefer just saving my templates in the
filesystem and using them from there), then do as has already been
suggested multiple times.

1. Create a template the way you want it to be.

2. Set that template as the NEW Default.

3. Done.