On one of the lists, there was talk of creating need color palettes for LibreOffice, either new ones or added to the "standard.soc" palette.

I am working one creating more colors - metallic - for my copy of the default palette and creating new "styles" of palettes.

Below is the first ones I added this year.

I have a 100+ year old brass candle stick[s]. I scanned the base in and picked 7 of the colors most used in the PNG image file. Here is seven of the scanned in colors that made up of the brass. They are "flat" but are the actual ones on the PNG file. I know that "flat single color" pixels do not make an image look like a real brass metal object, but LO does not have the ability to use the special color formats to do this - or so I was told.

So, try the HEX colors in GIMP or add it to LO's standard.soc file. See what your think. Let me know. I have some new-ish "brass/bronze clad" bells and other objects that I am going to scan in. Then will pick out the colors that are used to make up the PNG image.

<draw:color draw:name="Old Brass Candle Stick 1" draw:color="#E2B58E"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Old Brass Candle Stick 2" draw:color="#DCB08E"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Old Brass Candle Stick 3" draw:color="#D2AB8E"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Old Brass Candle Stick 4" draw:color="#D7AF8F"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Old Brass Candle Stick 5" draw:color="#CAA48A"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Old Brass Candle Stick 6" draw:color="#BD9A84"/>
<draw:color draw:name="Old Brass Candle Stick 7" draw:color="#9F8673"/>

Tim L.