thanks for the reply..
When in 16.04 I pushed  f4 or attempted data> Relative/absolute References
I got 5.1.4.2 no references found.. reply..
nothing else..

copy from one sheet to another sheet in the same and only open
my installed Libre office calc spreadsheet session still gives a full cell by cell
reference to the cells in the original copied from sheet..

The newly created by copy sheet its almost as it the reference is working
in reverse..  When i want something from another sheet i just type
=(sheet name, and then I find the cell in the external sheet and click on it
and hit return.  ON return I examine the formula content of the cell
in my working sheet and find it is referenced to the copied from cell in
the external sheet..

virtually the copy mechanism for my purposes remains useless. While
i like some features of 5.1.4.2, it is not stable and things have been moved
around quite a bit. OK, but more documentation is needed on the help
keys and i would be glad to help with some of that,, if needed.

What I think is needed is standard training program.. not help in
this place or that but in a standard place. using a standard spreadsheet
populated with a standardized set of data.
Every cell is has the standard known content; that would allow all
help and training to be done by example.. as the frustrated learners
become familiar with the standard content they will grasp
much quicker the instructional intent of the words and the numbers of
words needed to explain will be reduced by a lot as everyone will
understand and have loaded for the instruction the standard content
training module.

this would be extremely useful when upgrades and version changes
move things around .. It would also make it possible fore everyone to
understand where to send persons looking for answers.. for example

got to standard training module 9ll that explains what to do or how
to ....    and that training modules always works with the standard
content spread sheet..