Might I suggest making a copy of your document.

Change copy extension to ".zip". Open the xml as a text file and compare lines that work with those that don't.

Could be permissions or length of path.

Sorry, but I don't know which file to look at.

   XML file structure

Documents in OpenDocument file format are stored as compressed zip archives that contain XML files. To view these XML files, you can open the OpenDocument file with an unzip program. The following files and directories are contained within the OpenDocument files:

1. The text content of the document is located in *content.xml*.
   By default, *content.xml* is stored without formatting elements like
   indentation or line breaks to minimize the time for saving and
   opening the document. The use of indentations and line breaks can be
   activated in the Expert configuration
   <https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Expert_Configuration> by
   setting the property */org.openoffice.Office.Common/Save/Document
   PrettyPrinting* to *true*.
2. The file *meta.xml* contains the meta information of the document,
   which you can enter under *File - Properties*.
   If you save a document with a password, *meta.xml* will not be
   encrypted.
3. The file *settings.xml* contains further information about the
   settings for this document.
4. In *styles.xml,* you find the styles applied to the document that
   can be seen in the Styles and Formatting window.
5. The *meta-inf/manifest.xml* file describes the structure of the XML
   file.

Additional files and folders can be contained in the packed file format.