Thanks Ricardo

On 03.12.2016 21:52, Ricardo wrote:
El 2016-12-03 17:04, Dave escribió:
Hi Folks,

64bit LO 5.3.3 on Linux and Windows.

Maybe 5.2.3?

Yes, a simple typo. I have been bug hunting 5.3 beta for the past week
and the version number kind of got stuck in my head.

I thought, or deluded myself, that I knew most of the tricks to get
Writer to work "My Way", but here I have hit a total road block.

When inserting Endnotes a short separator line is automatically added to
the top of the list of notes and I cannot find any way to hide or remove
it from the printed manuscript. If the list server doesn't remove the
embedded image, here is a screen capture of what I am referring to:

I suspect there is no "user" option to fix this and I am left with a
cumbersome work-around.

It seems you are using a section to get the endnotes not on a page of
its own but following the main text. Is that right?

Correct.

In that case, the line separating the endnote from the rest of the
section is the same used by the page style to separate the footnotes
from the main text so you need to modify the corresponding page style:
on the Footnote tab, set the line style as [None].

The Endnotes page style was the only option I had not considered, but
should have been one of the first.

Important note: this seems to work only on 5.2+, with 5.1 "none" shows a
continuous line too.

That is unfortunate. There are a couple of problem bugs for me in the
5.2.3 release and I am switching to 5.1.6 for my production work.

Strange that there is not a [None] option in this dialog for 5.1, only
[Left], [Center] and [Right]. My workaround is to set the line color to
[White] and/or the line length to 0%.

Regards,
Ricardo

In case some genius wants to tell me this is the technically correct
method of displaying/printing Endnotes. I don't care, I and my students
just want to make it go away.

TIA
Dave