Hi :)
No worries about "the noise".  It's what we are here for and hopefully
others here can give better advice about beautifying it.  I suspect though
that others will want advice from you about how you made yours look so good
'even as it is'.  Doubtless it already looks fantastic but it's difficult
for you to "see the wood for the trees".  It's not "noise" it's vibrancy,
professionalism and perfectionism.  :)

A fresh set of eyes might be called for, preferably someone fairly
attractive in a coffee shop or library or somewhere.  (So that if they diss
it then you know it's because they are probably too shallow or snobby or
weirded-out to have really noticed it and if they don't diss it then you've
won twice).

I wasn't suggesting to pay a pro, more like just asking the people who do
the next bit of work what would make it easier or better for them.  People
rarely think about this but if they see and print books all day long then
they may have built-up some decent opinions = which you can later ignore or
use.  Tbh i don't even know if people do get their thesises professionally
printed these days.

Personally i'm too much of a coward to dare anything like this for myself
but so many times i wish i had.  Advice is always easier to give than to
take! ;)  Thanks for saying my advice was good! :))
Regards from
Tom :)