Hi Wiebe,

Many thanks for Template Changer - I hadn't come across that before, will
investigate further.

Apologies to all that I am not clearly explaining myself.

This is not an issue with transferring from from sub-doc to master, it's
the same on both if I mirror the sub-doc settings to the master.

1. I do want to have an auto page break for each chapter.

The chapter headings are laid out so that there are two lines of heading:

CHAPTER N
This Is What Happens in Chapter N

textbodytextbodyetcetc

So somewhat logically LO inserts a page break thus:

"...pagebreak...
CHAPTER N
...pagebreak...
This Is What Happens in Chapter N

textbodytextbodyetcetc."

What I was looking for was a([n] easy) method to tell LO to not insert page
break between headings when they're next to each other.

Thinking aloud I guess the solution may be to setup another heading with
identical settings except page break off - presumably that'd do it right?

HI Philip,

I've been exploring using master-doc as my 200 page thesis was becoming
unmanageable as a single (writer) doc. I've found navigation across the doc
much easier since breaking it up into 60 or so separate docs, things like
the ToC is great, and it's nice to know the layout is consistent of the
whole doc, particularly as I've writing the bugger for about 6 years now!
Of course some of this may well be more growing familiarity with the
program. A big recent change has been in the update via the Debian repo's,
5.2.1.2 is much more stable. The devs seem to also have solved some of the
issues that were causing the gui to be painfully slow - particularly with
opening drop-down menus.

Ricardo,

Appreciate you weighing in again. Conceptually I think I've solved the
issue but if not I'll upload an example somewhere/somehow:)

Cheers guys, positive community experience so far,

Julian