And then I edit an embedded image using "external editor" and it opens in Gwenview and I push it forward to GIMP because Gwenview sucks for editing. And I save the file in GIMP and LibreOffice crashes with "bad alloc" and it takes my text with it because the recovery doesn't actually recover the text I had and this is fucking pointless.

I am seriously going to remove this program from my computer once I have no longer a need to write and read and print older ODT documents.

It will have to be Google Docs then or something else, I don't know, maybe move to Windows. And just purchase office or something. It might work nicely, I don't know, I haven't used it in 16 years. Google Docs can print to PDF just fine, it might be a horrible environment but at least it is not going to crash and even though saving automatically at every change is not really my cup of tea so far I will have great undo functionality as well because every browser has that and Google Docs as well.

Maybe I should just get a tablet to do my word processing indeed. Then I can use Microsoft Office on the tablet and save to the cloud and keep using Linux. Or that doesn't work because then I will have a hard time adding content in the form of pictures to it, I don't know. Not if I onedrive them first, which I can do on Linux.

Having endless amounts of work destroyed by a program is not my cup of tea either.

There are enough destabilizing influences in my life, I don't need another one in the form of a failing text editor, but then, what actually works these days? Not much.

This document was not older than 5 or 10 minutes, not older than 5 minutes perhaps, but I cannot reproduce text. The horror this causes is just unimaginable. I am writing court documents and the like and valuable time is getting lost constantly. Linux is not dependable to begin with but this just does it, you know.

I would probably have been sitting on roses had this thing actually worked. And now it is hell.

Maybe that's not fair because life is what it is, and progress is measured in millennia, not days. But it is what it is. But I wish some people would just go hang themselves to send a message to the world, or maybe be hanged and liberate valuable resources for someone else to do the thing right, I don't know. Maybe that's not fair either because this product originated with someone else, but they were never very good at it to begin with ;-).

I am constantly astounded by how much faith I put in these programs and they constantly keep failing and yet I do not learn. I am betrayed time and time again by stuff that doesn't work as it was advertized and another hour of my time was lost, or maybe more, maybe a few days, maybe a few years, I don't know yet. That same time that could earn millions and pay for the development of a software suite many times over ;-) (if more people did it).

And in this way the poverty of the software creates its own poverty. But enough of this rant.

As always, I'm sorry I came here. I need to leave.

Goodbye.