Hi :)

Thanks for seeking feedback from here before posting a
bug-report/feature-request.  As you know, sometimes a change in behaviour
is required to consolidate inconsistent behaviour or to smooth out other
coding, or to keep-up with current trends in other, similar(ish) programs
or happens somewhat unintentionally.  Usually any such changes are noted in
the change-log, neatly re-written at;
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/

LibreOffice/OpenOffice is over 10 years old and a lot has changed in that
time.  Hopefully the newer ways are easy to adapt to and are an
improvement.  Where that is not the case it's fairly easy to post a
bug-report although carefully phrasing it as a feature-request seems to
have more chance of attracting interest.

So, please give it a fair go but feel free to post a
bug-report/feature-request now that you've narrowed it down to being a
change-of-focus issue.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)