For most users, the recorder is a decent solution.

As for support,
do not expect that from MS unless you have a credit card. I found some
bugs in their C++ compiler about 15 years ago. 5 to 10 years later I
thought for sure they would have fixed them. Nope, I had to work around
them yet again. It had to do with their streaming classes. There was a
failure when the <CR><LF> boundary was split by a buffer read for some
built-in text reading routines. Not like I could just call MS and get
support.

For sure they have a better object layer for manipulating
documents. Not even close. I have never looked at their Macro
programming resources, but, if possible, be certain to use the .NET
classes since VBA is still littered with bugs. Last time I wrote a VBA
application, half my code was related to working around bugs in their
language implementation. These bugs initially existed in OpenOffice.org,
but were fixed years ago; for example, bugs related to determining an
arrays size in certain circumstances. I had to write special routines to
deal with these issues. Moving to the .NET versions made things really
nice, however, with full access to the .NET container classes.

If you
have no particular need to run where MSO is not supported, not a bad
move. Good luck on your project.

On 11.05.2016 08:42, dave boland