On 03/02/2016 11:32 AM, Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:
IMAP is a pre-existing condition.

The ability for POP clients to keep all of their shared clients
current is a glaring omission that should be rectified.
I regret not having the ability to do this myself.

I guess you don't know much about the history of email.  Originally,
people read their email on the computer it was delivered to.  Then POP
allowed them to download to another computer, such as those new fangled
"PCs".  POP was never intended to be used by more than one device.
Simply leaving a message on the server for a period of time, so that it
could be read on another device, was nothing more than a hack to get
around the limitations of POP.  What you're asking for is a complete
redesign of POP and you still won't have what IMAP is designed to do.
Also, how is IMAP a security problem, given that the entire Internet is
not secure and mail servers are finally moving to StartTSL to encrypt
between servers.  I run my own IMAP server and access it only via SSL/TLS