Mark, Many thanks indeed for your advice, these are all very valid points.
I think I have been entering the password correctly, but I will
double-check for sure.

Does anyone have an idea how the file could be repaired? I am happy to
forward the file if someone has a tool to examine it, or perhaps to recover
it.

Many thanks for your help!

Best,
Adam