Hi Tom,

from a user perspective, a great idea. Hpwever:

 * 2 sets of developers - that should be fun :)
 * Does TDF actually want to do this? Cue howls from sections of the
   open source community if the answer is yes
 * Is there any value in TDF writing its own mail client?

It is good to get this kind of discussion going. I know this isn't the way we do it in the open source world but I think there should be more talk of how FLOSS works in an enterprise environment and this is a valuable step forward

Cheers