Hi :)
Outlook is not OpenSouce so it can't be taken under TDF's wing and given a
home here.

There isn't really much choice in terms of which email client and looking
around into comparisons of different ones.

The ethos of TDF and LibreOffice is largely to ensure it "plays well with
others".  As i understand it LO works reasonably well with a  wide variety
of email clients and i can't see that changing.

The 2 broad questions i think we can explore at this stage are;
1.  Would it be good to have an email-client that outsiders and noobs may
begin to perceive as being closely linked with LibreOffice?

Almost all responses have been very positive.  Most went straight into
finer details.  The few potential issues were a long way from being
"blockers".

2.  If so, could we cope with Thunderbird being "under the same umbrella"as
us.

Again almost all agreed.  Most raised questions about details of
implentation, and pointed out potential problem areas.  Again no blockers,
so nothing insurmountablee = just some wise words about maintaining some
independance.

Regars to all from
Tom :)