On 21/01/16 12:43, Pedro wrote:
Returning to the subject I believe it would be useful to find out what is
making people stick to older (and in particular discontinued) versions. If
it is because the new features in new versions are not useful to them but
the version they use fulfills all their needs, then it is fine. But if the
cause are regressions then it is something to worry about.

I wouldn't think this anything peculiar to LO nor is it anything to
worry about.  It is a reflection of what is happening every where in the
tech world.

Any established product (hardware or software) reaches a point in its
development where a large number of users are entirely satisfied with
the offer.  The devs keep working on new versions with some, although
increasingly fewer, new features because that is what devs do.

These newer versions with extra features are accepted as part of the
background by newcomers to the product but the extra features are
considered as uninteresting bells and whistles by large numbers of the
existing users, the old-timers who stick to what they've already got.

It is becoming increasingly more difficult to invent a new 'wheel' and
in circles where users have to buy the product, this is causing
producers to turn away from selling to renting.

Philip