E.W. wrote
Under Geometric Shapes.... Segoe UI and the glyph is set to  U+25CF.
There are numbers in black circles, but there is no 10.  The numbers only
go up to 9 in the black ball and there is no 0 either.

The fact that the glyph for the bullet is set to U+25CF is showing Segoe UI
but not displaying as the "black circle" glyph is odd--what font is
displaying?

Bablemap is a useful tool for sorting out where on a code page and from
which font glyphs are coming from.
http://www.babelstone.co.uk/Software/BabelMap.html

I have found out I don't have Open Symbol font in my system font files.
(If that matters at this point.)   I have been trying to change the LO
bulleted list font to Segoe UI Symbol, but it changes back to Segoe UI,
when I open and close LO.

I'll go see if I can find the Open Symbol font from Microsoft..........
thank you for your help,

OpenSymbol is not a Microsoft provided font, rather it is deployed by
LibreOffice, and should be installed if not present. Simple to extract it
from the LO installer (msiexec.exe /a install into a temp folder, there will
be a Fonts directory with all LO deployed fonts) check for any missing  and
manually install if needed.

DejaVu, Gentium, Liberation, Linux Biolinum all have pretty good coverage in
the Unicode BMP, but are missing the SEP as does Microsoft's Arial Unicode
MS.  The Segoe family being their most complete Unicode codepoint coverage.

An alternative to Segoe, and a font with more complete Unicode 8 coverage,
including the SEP 1F300 - 1F600 codepoints we've started to use for Emoji
support, is George Douros's Symbola -- several of the Linux deploy it.

Found here:   http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/

That, with an install of BableMap should be of some help.