Hello,
In my version (LO 5.0.3), the bullets look like they come from the Open
Symbol font. Are you sure this font is available on your system (you
can check by looking at the list that appears in the font pulldown on
the formating toolbar)? It could be that LO's font substitution picks a
font similar to Open Symbol and this causes your "10 ball"  to appear.
If the font is not available on your system, you can download it from
many different sites and install it.
Regards,
Rémy Gauithier.