(I intend this reply to be off list)

Thank you.

It has probably been more than 20 years since I studied any flavor of Basic and I have not been
able to find what dir("path/file.ext") or dir() are supposed to do. That is why I said that the
"while" loop appears to be suspect. My guess is that the former returns "path/" while the latter
returns an empty string. I must be wrong since that would prevent the macro from accomplishing the
desired task. But, then again, I fail to see any result when I attempt to use this macro. Maybe I
need to do more than exit from LO before I start it again in order to activate the Subroutine?

--
Jim