At 07:28 28/05/2015 +1200, Steve Edmonds wrote:
This is still not what the OP wants.

Since "this" is the creation of a shortcut or menu item that starts LibreOffice along with a fixed set of documents - as suggested by others (instead of either showing the splash screen or opening a blank spreadsheet) - surely it is exactly what he needs?

It is possible to come close by saving the files when you are finished editing but keeping them open. Then kill Libreoffice (not File>Exit). On restarting LO next time it should ask to restore the files you had open.

Aaargh! You are not seriously suggesting this as a recommended technique? Oh, but I think you are!

When my driving test instructor asked for an emergency stop, I switched off the ignition, slammed on the parking brake, and drove into a lamppost. I'd stopped very quickly but she wasn't impressed.

In any case, it probably doesn't work. It relies on the user having exactly the relevant files open when he kills LibreOffice, whereas he may have closed the standard documents and opened others. If not, he has to be selective when responding to the recovery dialogue. Once he gets used to killing the product instead of closing it gracefully, he will inevitable forget to save these or other documents and he will have disabled the usual challenges to save changed documents - so will lose work. Apart from anything else, this requires more work that simply opening the required documents from the Recent Documents list

But thanks for the chuckle!

Brian Barker