Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2015 Archives by date, by thread · List index

Le 18/02/2015 15:23, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

Yesterday I found I had not set my Keyfield (RecordID) to Auto Increment
so I set a new field with phpMyAdmin called 'id'. And this is now
working fine and Auto incrementing. I deleted the old RecordID field.

Why did you do that ?
Why not just alter the existing Keyfield (RecordID) to autoincrement ?

When you talk about the Keyfield, do you mean that this was a PRIMARY
KEY or was it a reference for other tables (FOREIGN KEY)?

Did you attribute PRIMARY KEY status to the new field that you created?
Did you recreate any references (FOREIGN KEYS) to other tables ?

If you didn't, then by deleting your original RecordID field, you
probably deleted the primary key and/or any references as well, and in
all likelihood that is the reason why the forms that relied on that key
to be set no longer work.

This is all a guess though without knowing exactly how your original
RecordID field was defined and whether or not it had any relationships
to other tables.


To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.