Hi :)
Do such Window Managers allow tabs within LibreOffice (other than Calc
and Impress obviously! (since those 2 already use tabs in some way or
other)).  I thought the lack of tabs was due to LibreOffice itself not
taking advantage of the possibility?

Alex i had no idea about there being an Extension that does do tabs!
many thanks for pointing it out! :))  I'd kinda given up on it ever
happening in LO tbh and maybe the people who kept on going on about it
feel the same way (or else maybe they just got the Extension and are
all happy bunnies now).

Thanks both for opening up interesting possibilities :)
Many thanks and regards from
Tom :)