Tom Davies schrieb am Dienstag, 3. Februar 2015 18:46:
Back before MS Word became so widely used there was another
word-processor that had an excellent way of using tabs helpfully.  I
don't think it was for different documents but i'm not clear what it
used to do.  Does anyone here know what program i'm talkign about and
what the tabs were used for?

Do you mean Lotus WordPro (Part of Lotus Smartsuite)??
I was working many years from 1996 to 2010 with this word-processor at job,
and tabs were the only thing I really missed in OOo and LO.

Tabs could be used to open multiple documents, to organize master documents,
parts of documents and even ranges within documents - in hierarchical manner
if you wanted to...

regards
Stefan
--