The installation file would be the file you downloaded, the one that changed from .msi to .man.

True enough I should not need to tell you all these details about compatibility and so on and so forth, but it seems that either Windows 8.1 or some setting peculiar to some systems create a very bad experience when installing software that are not readily available on the Microsoft online store.

Best,

Charles.