Hi :)
Ahah.  I think we are stumbling into finding out what is going wrong at last! :)

Many people have more than 1 web-browser and i think that is really
the best way forwards.  There are arguments about which is the best so
having more than one means you get the best of at least 2 worlds.  I
tend to prefer Firefox;
https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/
but many have moved to Google Chrome;
http://www.google.com/chrome/

There are many others and all are better at downloading than Internet
Explorer, especially over a wii-fi or wireless connection.

There is also torrenting but if you haven't done it before it can be
quite tricky to explain.  Also there is a lot of FUD about it as it
wasn't developed by Microsoft and has been used for nefarious
activities because it's so good at downloading fairly large files
completely perfectly.  So only download the LO torrent if you already
know how to use it (or have plenty of time to figure it all out).

Even in cases where Internet Explorer has managed to get a full
download it often changes the "file ending" making it difficult for
the download to operate properly.  Windows tends to hide the
file-ending so it's difficult to fix the problem.

Regards from
Tom :)