On 13/01/15 09:04, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:

So, what is the "current" best ODF editing package for Android?

Install both the EU and AnOO packages.

I want to be able to just take my tablet along, instead of my laptop,
to certain meetings and gatherings.  So that will require a WORKING text
editing package that hopefully will read/write the ODT file format and
maybe the spreadsheet format as well.

The "best" ODF editing package on the market does not meet your
requirements.

Root your tablet, install Debian Wheezy, and you have a fighting chance
of running an ODF editing package that meets your requirements.

If you aren't willing to root your tablet then it is a tossup between
EuroOffice, and AndroOpenOffice.

I've got both installed. Both programs have their virtues. Both have
their vices.
* Navigation is easier with AnOO than EU
* AnOO opens more files than EU;
* EO crashes less than AnOO;
* They are both equal opportunity presentation markup destroyers;
* EU is more secure than AnOO;

If all you are doing is taking notes, use TextWarrior, or another text
editor. It is much easier to reformat those notes in LibO, than fixing
the mess that both EO and AnOO make of documents.

###

The current version of WPS Mobile Office FKA Kingsoft Office does _NOT_
support ODF file formats.

jonathon

  * English - detected
  * English