I've just tried this in firefox. A couple of things:

1) access to the file save option seems to be indirect - but maybe there is a way to customise
this, I haven't got time to check at the moment; but

2) much more importantly - it does indeed save as a single file, but the formatting is *awful*
nothing like the original page, and pictures, graphics, etc are not there - just links. That's not
what I want to see when  I open a webpage file, I want to see the page (more or less) the same as
it was originally when I opened it online.

Which raises another issue: I save pages for later viewing on a machine that doesn't have an
internet connection. I'm assuming that an internet connection will be essential to follow any of
the hyperlinks in the file, which would render the format useless for my purposes.

best,/G.