Hi :)
You can set-up various things in the "Header" and/or "Footer" sections of
all pages.  Such things as the;
*  path-name and/or file-name
*  today's date (the day of printing)
*  page of pages (ie page 1 of 50 or whatever)

I'm not sure if Calc allows some pages to be different by using "Sections"
but i get the feeling you are trying to keep it much simpler than that for
now! ;)

However i am not sure if you can include the types of formulas you use
inside the spreadsheet.  It might be possible but i have never had any
reason to try.

Once you try a "Print Preview" you might notice that page-sized areas of
the spreadsheet are surrounded by "marching ants" or a slightly
darker/thicker lines or (if you are lucky) by different colour lines.  This
can help you work out the divisions between pages.  I often change the
width of quite a lot of the cells (usually entire columns but sometimes
rows too) to help with layout.

On a side-issue = Sorry about messages going off-list!

This mailing list is set-up to make it trickier to keep replies on-list so
messages often go off-list quit by accident.  Unlike most mailing lists we
have to keep remembering to use "Reply to all" or "Group reply" or "Reply
to list", depending on whixh option our different emailers give.  Almost
all have the "Reply to all" but some have more elegant options in addition
to that.  So, sorry the previous reply went off-list.

Another peculiarity about this mailing list is that a lot of people use
bottom-posting rather than the top-posting so prevalent in the world
today.  The reason we use both, and interspersed replies is to help prepare
people for other mailing lists.  Many mailing lists insist on
bottom-posting despite that being completely unfamiliar to any office
worker i've ever met or dealt with outside of OpenSource projects.  In many
ways bottom-posting does make a LOT more sense but sadly almost the entire
world is set-up to top-post these days.

So this mailing list attempts to help ease people into the OpenSource world
by allowing top, bottom and interspersed replies.  So if you appear to get
a blank reply with nothing in it then try scrolling down to the bottom.
Actually bottom-posters tend to "trim" replies so scrolling becomes less of
an issue but by doing so they sometimes/often remove context that may have
been crucial to understanding previous posts.

Regards from
Tom :)

On 25 September 2015 at 13:21, Dave Howorth <dhoworth@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>