At 12:20 25/09/2015 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that I need to print and send to the government. When I print it, I need to print a page subtotal and also repeat that subtotal at the top of the next page. Is there some way to do this apart from doing it all by hand?

I don't think this problem is very well defined!

As has already been hinted at by another responder, the first question is: is the number of items on each page fixed (whether or not the same)? If you want to be able to add entries or expand them - such as would spill items over to following pages - then I think the problem is quite difficult, but it may be easier if, for example, you need only to add material at the end of your data.

And do you really mean a page subtotal, i.e. the total for that page alone? If so, I can't see any point in repeating this on the next page. How, for example, would it be of any help to have the total for page two copied at the top of page three, without any account being taken of the values on page one? Why would page seventeen need to have information just about page sixteen and not the previous fifteen pages? Do you instead perhaps require a running total to appear (as "carried forward") at the bottom of each page and the same value to appear (as "brought forward") at the top of the next?

Brian Barker