On 10/03/2014 08:27 AM, Marion & Noel Lodge wrote:
Hi,

I have a macro similar to neptuneuk's that Alex pointed to, but I go one
step further.

I run Windows 7 64 bit.  I right click on my project's .odb file, click on
'Send to' and then on 'Desktop (create shortcut)'.  Then I can simply
double click on the shortcut to go directly into my Main Menu form.

Sometimes, usually if I have just started my PC, it's a bit slow and
LibreOffice's initial menu appears for a few seconds before the Menu form
is displayed.  But once the machine has warmed up, double clicking on the
shortcut displays the Menu almost immediately.   I have found this is
simpler for my users.   It also keeps them away from the underlying LO menu
and prevents them being confused by a screen that they don't need to be
concerned about!

I have several such shortcuts on my desktop and find the them faster than
opening LibreOffice and going through several steps to select the .odb file
I want to open.

Don't know how well this would work on other operating systems, but it
works well for me.

Noel
What Noel has done also works with Linux by creating a soft link to the database on the Desktop. Then double clicking the link causes the database to open. Similarly, creating a soft link to a folder containing the databases that are often used can be used. Then double clicking the link and then double clicking the name of the desired database will accomplish the same thing. But I do not think this is what the OP was wanting. When the database opens, he wants the form named, FMain, to open as well as the main database window. Obviously, he would want the window containing the FMain form to be on top.

Dan