On 10/2/2014 8:15 PM, Paul <paulsteyn1@afrihost.co.za> wrote:
I did say it was not a major thing to be guilty of, and I really mean
that. These things happen, and a simple "oops, my bad, I'll fix that"
is really all that I feel is needed here.

I agree - but they didn't. Instead, users are told they need to 'pony
up' with $4,000+ to get their 'pet bug' fixed, rather than cry about it.

This is perfectly acceptable for pre-existing/old/legacy bugs and/or new
feature/enhancement requests.

The great work the devs are doing overall is far, far more important
than any little slips (and even the odd major one) that may creep in
from time to time.

In fact I agree very much. Hey - bugs happen, and I absolutely would
never accuse any developer of deliberately introducing bugs (although, I
guess, in some rare cases, it can happen)... BUT...

When bugs are discovered in new code added by a current/specific
developer, those bugs, when reported and confirmed, should simply be
fixed, by the developer that wrote the code, maybe <gasp> even with a
'thanks for the bug report'!

I just really wish that some developers would realize that the
(admittedly often valid) open-source retort of 'well, fix it yerself or
hire someone to do it' simply isn't an appropriate response, especially
for a bug in a 'new' feature that replaced a pre-existing feature that
worked perfectly for over 10 years - not to mention the fact that paying
$4,000 per bug to get them fixed simply isn't an option for some people.