On 10/1/2014 9:33 PM, jonathon <toki.kantoor@gmail.com> wrote:
What I describe is what any sysadmin worth their salt wold do, with
_all_ of the FLOSS an, where an when available, non-FLOSS, that is
deployed throughout the organization they work for.

Oh, I do, but I'm a one man shop, my time is limited, and it is
impossible to test every feature - obviously, even the devs who actually
knew about this impending new feature and were working on its
implementation (it was a total surprise to me, and I've been on the
users list since forever and never saw it mentioned) didn't even
discover it - which suggests to me that they really didn't do much
testing at all (copy/paste into fields is kind of *basic* use of fields).

That said, the fact is, this is the first Open/Libreoffice
*regression*/bug that I can remember that has caused this serious of a
problem for so long, with so little consideration by the devs.

But... there is simply no, ZERO, reason to have not provided the ability
to fall back to the old behavior when this very new, very different (to
the old way) feature was implemented, especially considering that the
old behavior is obviously still there, since you can still invoke it
with CTRL-SHIFT-F9. It is even more inexplicable that the devs didn't
*immediately* re-introduce the old behavior at the very least as an
*option*, once this bug was detected.

The other long standing bug (inability to print to Tabloid paper) is
admittedly not a regression, so not relevant to this thread (shouldn't
have brought it up)...