Hi :)
In your meeting with the boss it might well be worth pointing out that a
lot of other companies had to buy MS Office 2010 just a year or so ago and
that most of those are now finding that they already have to buy 2013 or
365.  That by delaying a purchase of MS Office for so many years or even
just months you have positioned the company to be ahead of the competition
AND saved it x (and delayed on spending x again).

Regard from
Tom :)