Dear LibreOffice users,

I am running LO 4.2.6.2 on Fedora 20 (4.2.6.2-1.fc20) and I am updating Writer a document originally coming from OpenOffice.

It is a one page list of errands, with contents in 2 tables. I can edit part of the document correctly (one table) but the other is uneditable because it is actually read-only. I can see that from the disalog that pops-up when attempting to edit ("Readonly content cannot be changed.").

The problem is that I:
1. AFAIK never asked for this part of the document to be read-only.
2. am unable to change that back to editable.

Indeed, most solutions I have found ask to select the text/table and Choose Edit->Sections to enable back editing. In my case (attached captures), I can see the 'Sections' menu being grayed out in both cases. Also note how many more items are greyed out when in the read-only part of the document.

Could sb tell me what I need to do here? I have been searching for hours on a way to do that without success...

Thanks for your help on this matter!

Vincent