Hi :)
Ahh, i had that with a different package, also from a PPA.  Try editing the
sources.list to remove the PPA.

There is a way to do this from the command-line but i think you would need
to install the purge-ppa (or something) package first, which you can't do.

So, best way is to open Synaptic and click on
Settings - Repos
and untick the PPA.

If you really must stay on the command-line then maybe

sudo  cp   /etc/apt/sources.list  /etc/apt/sources.list-2014-08-20
sudo   vi   /etc/apt/sources.list

(in vi you need to press i to make it let you edit.  When done press Esc
and then
:w
:q
the colons show vi that you are issuing commands).  The cp command is just
to make a back-up and i tend to stick the date in reverse order at the end
to help me sort out my back-ups.

Whichever way you edit the sources.list you will need to update the list of
repos by doing something like

sudo apt-get update

THEN it should be possible to use that -f tag
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)