On 08/19/2014 04:51 PM, Paul wrote:
Hi Joel,

Sorry, I thought the first pastebin was the first thing you tried,
followed by the second. Given that the second recommends the first,
have you tried both more than once, and they both repeatedly give the
same errors? Have you tried running apt-get check ?

The problem seems to be coming from a conflict between libreoffice-base
and libreoffice-common, so you could try playing with removing or
reinstalling them in different orders.

It won't allow me to reinstall or purge the package. Beginning to get pretty irritated :( Probably going to reinstall distro as I currently can't do anything in terms of upgrades or installs.

Best,
Joel

Or, as the conflicting file seems to be
"/usr/lib/libreoffice/share/basic/script.xlc" you could try manually
deleting that file, or maybe renaming it first. I don't know what's in
that file, so I don't know how important it is. Also, I assume you
don't have any libreoffice processes running, that might be blocking
access to that file? I know there used to be a quickstarter that ran
as a service on Windows, but I'm not sure if that exists anymore...

Paul

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:30:21 -0700