Hi :)
This seems to contradict what both Charles and what Florian Reisinger were
saying.

It does seem to make more sense though.  It kinda explains why people might
prefer one branch or the other one, which was very unclear from Charles and
Florian's posts.

It also kinda explains the graphic on the;
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan
page, although that graphic doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  Do other
people understand it?  There used to be a neat little graph which kinda
boggled the eyes at first but began to make sense after staring at it for a
while.

The bit about "master branch" was a bit beyond me but suggested an answer
to the older thread about how bug-fixes added to the older branch manage to
get into the newer branch.  Still i am sure i am not the only one confused
by such a thing.

So Nino's answer suggests that some people might prefer the branch that has
matured because by that time it is more stable.  So releases with a higher
3rd digit are more mature, more stable and less likely to have problems.
The only downside is that you get less features.

Then it also makes sense that people would often prefer to use the younger,
less mature branch even though it hasn't had as many bug-fixes added to
it.

However this seems to contradict what Charles was saying about both
branches being fully stable.  So which is wrong?
Regards from
Tom :)